Jaguar drops an XE with lightweight racing flair, courtesy of their SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) Technology Center. The limited edition souped-up Jaguar XE SV Project 8 will retail for a whopping 149,995 euro and be exclusively left-driver configured.
The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is hand-built with the most advanced materials to deliver race car power. Its 5 liter supercharged V8 boasts 600 PS and 700 Nm of torque. A Quickshift 8-speed AWD system and lightweight add-ons like the carbon fiber bonnet, carbon fiber bumper and rear diffuser give this typically middle-of-the-road sedan unbelievable performance stats.
Automakers like Audi and Cadillac have produced high-performance sedans for a while, and now Jaguar jumps in the game with a devilish and very expensive special edition sport sedan. It’s touted as the most powerful V8 sedan in the Jaguar range.
Because the XE SV Project 8 is limited to only 300-vehicles, we may never see the exclusive sedan in the carbon. But at least we can salivate in the specs maybe get up-close-and-personal at the next European auto show.
Here are five unbelievable stats about the limited edition XE SV Project 8
1. The Project 8-assembled V8 engine is the most finely tuned version of Jaguar Land Rover’s 5 liter supercharged V8 gas line. Titanium variable exhausts work in tandem with carbon fiber exterior components (active and passive) to help this sedan achieve a top speed of 200 mph and a 3.3 second 60 mph sprint.
2. An adjustable front spitter and an adjustable rear aerodynamic wing gives a drag racing edge to the seemingly inconspicuous ‘professional’ sedan.
3. Lightweight components including carbon fiber bumper, carbon fiber bonnet along with aluminum body panels and carbon ceramic brakes make the XE SV Project 8 the lightest sedan in Jaguar’s V8 range at just 1,745 kg.
4. To ensure high performance on the road or track, the Project 8 endows the XE’s double-wishbone front and integral link rear suspension with stiffer springs and adjustable continuously variable dampers that can lower ride height by 15 mm. The XE SV Project 8 also boasts Rear Electronic Active Differential plus the industry’s first use of Formula 1-style silicon nitrade ceramic wheel bearings on a road car. The XE SV Project 8 is also the first Jaguar to have a dedicated track mode that sharpens both throttle and steering.
5. The cabin of the XE Project 8 features either a standard 4-seat configuration with front performance seats with magnesium frames and oyster contrast stitched jet leather bolsters or the optional Track Pack with two-seat carbon fiber racing seats each with four point harnesses. Standard high-class sporty elements inside the sedan include gloss carbon fiber trim on the steering wheel and Alcantara upholstery on the instrument cluster and doors. A 12.3 inch TFT instrument cluster with 3D map view plus a 10.2 touch pro infotainment tablet is remarkable standard technology in this mid-size sedan.
The new XE SV Project 8 is available in 19 exterior colors with tri-coast, tinted clear coat, pearlescent, Chromaflair and satin matte finishes. An additional 10,000 hues and colors can personalize the exterior. And available accent colors can further customize brake calipers, front grille, mirror caps and even the aerodynamics parts. Race-inspired decals packs are also available as well as anodized paddle shifters, personalized tread plates and commissioning plaques.