- Ford Restarts Operations in the U.S. and UK but immediately closes Midwest Plants due to New COVID-19 Cases
- FCA’s Restart Protocol Could Be the New Standard for Auto Manufacturers' COVID-19 Safety
- Mercedes-Benz Weekender Versatile Pop-Up Camper Ready for Adventure, Travel, or Work
- Video - 2020 Lincoln Corsair- Most Illustrious Flagship Lux Small SUV
- 2021 Genesis GV80 Tries Forging Ahead on a Crowded Lux SUV Stage
Lamborghini announced they’re a few steps closer to creating a revolutionary new hypercar. In collaboration with two laboratories at the Institute of Technology in Massachusetts, Automobili Lamborghini, commemorated the announcement with a dope new concept, the Terzo Millennio.
The Terzo Millennio is an incarnation of five innovative concepts that will influence future Lamborghini designs. The full portfolio will have more electric vehicles and clean energy technology.
Energy storage systems, innovative materials, propulsion system, visionary design, and emotion are the five design concepts or ‘dimensions’ that drive the design of the Terzo Millennio.
Energy storage for the Terzo Millennio is said to involve the use of similar supercapacitors as the Aventador V12. And the Terzo will be composed mainly of a super lightweight carbon fiber body shell.
The body shell will also aid energy storage and new innovations will enable it to continuously monitor the whole carbon fiber structure, both visible and invisible, with the concept of “self-healing” – or detecting cracks and frame damage from accidents.
The Terzo Millennio body shell’s self-repairing involves micro-channels filled with healing chemistry. Increased use of carbon fiber or the application of CFK to high-fatigue parts would allow further weight reduction. Carbon fiber will also make its way inside the Terzo Millennio with race-inspired seats.
The Terzo Millennio will also employ electric motors for ultra-efficient high-performance all-wheel drive.