- Ford Restarts Operations in the U.S. and UK but immediately closes Midwest Plants due to New COVID-19 Cases
- FCA’s Restart Protocol Could Be the New Standard for Auto Manufacturers' COVID-19 Safety
- Mercedes-Benz Weekender Versatile Pop-Up Camper Ready for Adventure, Travel, or Work
- Video - 2020 Lincoln Corsair- Most Illustrious Flagship Lux Small SUV
- 2021 Genesis GV80 Tries Forging Ahead on a Crowded Lux SUV Stage
Ram gives the 1500 model black chrome and body color flair.
Based on the Sport model, Night adds blacked-out features, including wheels, grille and badging. After the success of the Ram Rebel special edition last year, Ram designed the Ram 1500 Night to feed the growing customer demand for factory custom trucks.
As with sedans and SUVs, truck enthusiasts want vehicles with more aftermarket components. The new Ram Night package builds upon the Ram Sport – one of the most stylish and brawny pickups on the road. Black-out details special badging makes it unique among its Ram peers.
The Night package is available on Regular Cab, Quad Cab and Crew Cab 1500 Sport models, in both two- and four-wheel drive, long and short bed lengths and with a choice of 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 or 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engines. The Ram 1500 Night is available in Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black, Flame Red and Granite Crystal Metallic.
The 2017 Ram 1500 Night has enhanced its exterior style with body-color fascia, body-color rear bumper with dual chrome exhaust tips, body-color power-folding mirrors and door handles. Also adopted from the Sport are black-bezel bi-functional projector headlamps with LED marker lights and black-bezel tail lamps.
The Sport interior features standard high-back heated cloth bucket seats with 10-way power adjustment, power adjustable pedals and automatic temperature control with dual-zone climate control.
The new Ram 1500 Night package adds:
• A black grille surround with black “Hex Perf” pattern inserts
• Bold “RAM” stamped tailgate with blacked-out lettering from Ram 1500 Rebel model
• Black Ram’s head grille badge
• Flat black Ram 1500 door badge
• Flat black 4×4 tailgate badge (if applicable)
• Flat black 5.7L HEMI® door badging (if applicable)
• 20 x 9-in. gloss black aluminum wheels
• P275/60R20 black sidewall all-season tires
A long list of options and upgrades are available on Night editions, including the lighted and lockable Ram Box cargo management system with adjustable tie-down cleats and dual-purpose bed extender/divider, Sport performance hood and Black running boards. Additional Mopar performance parts options include a cat-back exhaust and cold-air intake.
Optional Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System with multiple driver-selectable ride heights and load leveling features enhances the Ram Sports class leading suspension.
Ram 1500 Sport is powered by a standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 /TorqueFlite 8 combination, delivering 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque along with 18 mpg city/25 mpg highway fuel efficiency.
For those seeking more power, the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with variable valve timing and fuel-saver technology is available. Its 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque is mated to a Torque Flite eight-speed transmission and delivers 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
The Ram 1500 Sport is available in Regular, Quad and Crew Cab models in both two- and four-wheel drive. The Sport comes standard with heated high-back bucket seats with full center console, heated steering wheel, halogen projector headlamps, body-color grille, front fascia, mirrors and rear bumper and 20-inch painted/polished aluminum wheels with outlined white letter tires.
Ram 1500 features a truckload of pioneering, fuel-saving systems, including first-in-segment technologies such as thermal management system, pulse-width modulation and active aerodynamics, including grille shutters and air suspension.