- First Drive – 2019 Volvo S90 R-Design, Elite Compact Luxury Sport
- 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring - Miles Ahead with Elevated iMMD
- Video - First Drive 2019 Subaru Forester
- First Drive – 2019 Infiniti QX50 Ultimate, the Versatile First-Class CUV
- Auto Show Stuntin - International Motorcycle Show 2019
by Tony West
Jaguar has a new stunner in their F-Type lineup dropping the 575 horsepower SVR at the Geneva Motor Show in March. It’s touted as the fastest production vehicle produced by Jaguar Cars. A 110 lb weight reduction, carbon fiber components and an active rear spoiler help the Jaguar F-Type SVR sprint to 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds. With careful refinements to the chassis, driveline and aerodynamics by Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, the F-Type SVR pushes the boundaries of the high-class sports car even further.
Peep the hot new video!
– Lightweight Iconel titanium exhaust system is standard with a split muffler design that enhances aerodynamics and drops weight
– Upgraded aluminum chassis features new anti-roll bars and dampers, and new weight optimized aluminum die-cast knuckles
– Super Performance Brakes have 380mm and 376 mm front and rear stainless steel brake discs
– Carbon Ceramic Matrix braking system features 398mm and 380 mm disc brakes and 6 and 4 piston monoblock calipers.
– Coriolis wheels in Satin Technical Grey and Gloss Black are available as well as Satin Black Maelstrom wheel for the Carbon Ceramic Matrix brake system.
– Deployable rear spoiler reduces drag by up to 7.5% and lift by up to 45%.
The impressive F-Type turned me on last year with its smooth sexy torque delivery and unbelievable exhaust note. For the 2017 model year the Jaguar Land Rover SVO team refined major performance and aerodynamic features of the F-Type and threw in a 5 liter V8, ZF Quickshift Transmission, and a ton of carbon fiber weight saving components inside and out to create the F-Type SVR.
The F-Type SVR was developed to exploit the lightweight aluminum sports car full potential while retaining its tractability and day-to-da usability. Thus the Jaguar SVR is stunts on its predecessor.
The sexy 2017 F-Type SVR is short and stout with a wider hood with creases or louvers and front bumper extended outward. The whip looks like a premium dragster with big air intakes in the front and 20 inch 5 spoke aluminum wheels. Also dope are the intricate refinements to the wheel arches that help high pressure air to escape through the fender vents, and the new underfloor tray beneath the rear suspension that accelerates airflow to reduce lift.
Exterior design options included carbon fiber roof panel on the coupe and carbon fiber spoiler, hood louvers, side vents, rear venturi blade and door mirror caps.
The new standard Iconel lightweight titanium exhaust system saves 35 lbs and hs higher thermal resistance and a more refined exhaust note. That means the F-Type SVR is a faster, louder and more resilient racing whip.
The F-Type SVR boasts a 5 liter V8 engine with direct injection matched to a recalibrated 8 speed Quickshift ZF transmission. The rocket fast F-Type SVR has a top speed of 200 mph for the Coupe and 195 mph for the convertible – along with a whopping 575 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque. Weight savings and aerodynamic innovations help this whip get from 0-60 mph in just 3.5 seconds.
Bespoke calibration have been made to the Torque Vectoring System, Electric Power-Assisted Steering, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Stability Control, and the Intelligent Drive Dynamics.
Changes to IDD and the rear electronic active differential (EAD) ensure optimum torque distribution between the front and rear axles and across the rear axle. Combined with a unique calibration for the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system, this enhances traction and dynamics in various condition.
The cool deployable rear spoiler activates automatically in dynamic mode or when the whip goes over 60 mph.
The interior of the sexy Jaguar F-Type SVR is plush with Jet leather seats with a Lozenga Quilt pattern contrast stitching and micro piping. The interior can be upholstered in Siena Tan or Red leather with suedecloth steering wheels with contract stitching. And anodized aluminum paddle shifters are larger. Suedecloth also covers the dash and center console.
The whip is decked out with a 770 watt Meridian surround sound audio system, Sirius Satellite Radio. And touch screen navigation.
The latest Jaguar InControl® Remote™ functionality now supports wearable technology like apple watches.