- First Drive – 2019 Volvo S90 R-Design, Elite Compact Luxury Sport
- 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring - Miles Ahead with Elevated iMMD
- Video - First Drive 2019 Subaru Forester
- First Drive – 2019 Infiniti QX50 Ultimate, the Versatile First-Class CUV
- Auto Show Stuntin - International Motorcycle Show 2019
by Tony West
Porsche unveiled their new Boxer Spyder last week at the New York Auto Show and tongues were wagging. I’m pretty impressed. The exterior design is sexy- the low slung coupe profile seems a little wider. And the new model adds a pretty big fin that stretches back from the top to the rear. Other than the efficient new V6, much of the new Boxer Spyder is reminiscent of past models; from the manual hard top to the two streamliners behind the headrests.
This mid-engine convertible costs $82,100. Yet doesn’t add a power retractable roof, radio, or A/C to stay traditional….I guess.
At least the performance is impressive. The new 3.8 liter V6 boasts 375 hp and a top speed of 180 mph.
Other performance enhancements include sport tuned suspension and brakes from the 911 Carerra S. And the new Boxer Spyder can sprint to 60 mph in just 4.3 seconds thanks in part to its lighter design.
There’s not much to the interior other than sports seats and typical Porsche flair. And to keep it simple, Porsche lets buyers specify if they want a radio or a/c for no additional charge. The Boxer Spyder also has an available Porsche Communication Management System.