- 2019 Lincoln Navigator: Re-Innovation from Classic Pro-SUV to Mobile Mansion
- First Drive – 2019 Volvo S60 R-Design, Elite Compact Luxury Sport
- 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring - Miles Ahead with Elevated iMMD
- Video - First Drive 2019 Subaru Forester
- First Drive – 2019 Infiniti QX50 Ultimate, the Versatile First-Class CUV
by Sommer Thornton
Bentley rolled out their new convertible at last week’s LA Auto Show touting it as, “the most sophisticated open top ever made.” And with the Rolls Royce Phantom and Wraith Dropheads stuntin on life, the new Grand Convertible has some tough competitors. The convertible has unique and ultra premium design cues.
The sequin blue exterior color is perfectly matched with its liquid metal finish on hood and windscreen frame. It kind of resembles the new Phantom Waterspeed.
The top is made with dark- stained burr walnut hand crafted. And the convertible’s interior features luxurious diamond quilted leather with 14 naturally tanned leather hides hand sewn.
The seats are accented with sequin blue stitching and Beluga leather upholsters the doors and extends back to the rear of the tonneau.
The powertrain leaves a few things to be desired. With its big 6.7 liter twin turbo V8, I expected it to have much more power than the Challenger Hellcat. This is a Bentley after all. Yet the convertible unleashes a wimpy 530 horsepower against the beefy 811 lb-ft of torque.