- Ford Restarts Operations in the U.S. and UK but immediately closes Midwest Plants due to New COVID-19 Cases
- FCA’s Restart Protocol Could Be the New Standard for Auto Manufacturers' COVID-19 Safety
- Mercedes-Benz Weekender Versatile Pop-Up Camper Ready for Adventure, Travel, or Work
- Video - 2020 Lincoln Corsair- Most Illustrious Flagship Lux Small SUV
- 2021 Genesis GV80 Tries Forging Ahead on a Crowded Lux SUV Stage
by Tony West
Toyota unveiled their futuristic supercar, the FT-1 at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this month. The sexy new coupe evokes the Celica Supra and the 2000 GT with hints of the Lexus LF-LC. The track influenced FT-1 has a fiery red muscular low sloping exterior. The front is uniquely athletic with huge twin fans and deep air intakes.
The red paint job with the m-shaped form of the front fender along with the triple LED lighting makes the FT-1 look like it’s about to take off. Toyota created a sexy concept fans hope will make its way to the track.
The FT-1 also has huge side air intakes similar to the LF-LC and a retractable rear wing that rises 7.9 inches to supplement downforce. The exterior design of the FT-1 is all about enhancing airflow. The inlets, twin fans, and twin exhausts help the front engine rear-wheel-drive FT-1 reach supercar speeds.
A glass hood shows off the smoke engine cover. Though the powertrain specs haven’t been released yet expect the FT-1 to compete with track ready whips like the Camaro Z/28 and the Corvette Stingray.
The interior of the FT-1 demonstrates Toyota’s talent for creating purposeful stylish cockpits.
The race-inspired leather trimmed interior has contrast red stitching, a racing steering wheel, and a color heads up display.