- Ford Restarts Operations in the U.S. and UK but immediately closes Midwest Plants due to New COVID-19 Cases
- FCA’s Restart Protocol Could Be the New Standard for Auto Manufacturers' COVID-19 Safety
- Mercedes-Benz Weekender Versatile Pop-Up Camper Ready for Adventure, Travel, or Work
- Video - 2020 Lincoln Corsair- Most Illustrious Flagship Lux Small SUV
- 2021 Genesis GV80 Tries Forging Ahead on a Crowded Lux SUV Stage
by Tony West
Ferrari gives fans another road-ready super whip, the new 458 Speciale at the Frankfurt Motor Show last September. The 458 Speciale is said to be the most powerful performance driven road whip in Ferrari’s history. Mostly because of advanced aerodynamics and a beastly V8 engine. Sophistication, speed, and sexiness harmonize in the design of the 458 Speciale. As part of the active aerodynamics system front flaps open and close as the Speciale exceeds 90 mph reducing drag and balancing downforce. This with other performance oriented design cues make the 458 Speciale one of the most aerodynamically efficient range production cars Ferrari has ever made. In the future, all Ferraris will utilize the active aerodynamics system.
The 458 Speciale comes with a direct injected V8 engine with 597 horsepower and 398 lb-ft of torque. This V8 is said to be the most powerful naturally aspirated engine ever build for the road. Ferrari’s 458 Speciale goes from 0-62 in 3 seconds with a max speed of 202 mph. Dizzzam! And lightweight design cues help the Speciale have an impressive weight to power ratio at 7.16 lbs/ kW. The 458 Speciale comes with a 7-speed dual clutch transmission. The vehicle dynamics sub system includes the Side Slip Angle Control system for supreme agility at very high speeds.
Check out more pics of the new Ferrari 458 Speciale!