- Ford Restarts Operations in the U.S. and UK but immediately closes Midwest Plants due to New COVID-19 Cases
- FCA’s Restart Protocol Could Be the New Standard for Auto Manufacturers' COVID-19 Safety
- Mercedes-Benz Weekender Versatile Pop-Up Camper Ready for Adventure, Travel, or Work
- Video - 2020 Lincoln Corsair- Most Illustrious Flagship Lux Small SUV
- 2021 Genesis GV80 Tries Forging Ahead on a Crowded Lux SUV Stage
by Tony West
Mercedes-Benz unveiled their latest high performance AMG whips at the 2013 LA Auto Show and Tokyo Motor Show. The S65 AMG is said to represent the “maximum exclusiveness and unparalleled dynamism of a V12,” and supposedly is the most fuel efficient V12 high performance whip in terms of torque and power. The S65 AMG FINAL EDITION, which only has 350 counterparts, will commemorate the final model in the SLS line.
The S65 AMG has both a V12 engine and a lithium-ion battery that help save weight and fuel. The 12-cylinder biturbocharging engine boasts 630 horsepower and 737 lb-ft of torque. Yet fuel consumption is reduced by 2.4 liters per 62 miles in part because of the lithium-ion battery that replaces the starter battery and backup battery. The S65 AMG has a top speed of 155 mph and comes with standard AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic. The transmission has 3 drive modes, Controlled Efficiency (C), Sport (S), and Manual (M). The S65 AMG also features AMG Sport Suspension with Magic Body Control, which uses sensors and cameras to predict road surface changes and adjusts suspension in advance.
Other features on the S65 AMG worth mentioning are the 19-inch alloy wheels, available ceramic brakes, high gloss chrome grille, front spitter and tailpipes, the interior swagged out in Nappa leather and diamond designs, and the all-informative Heads Up Display.